version 1.01 28 February 2023
Over time I have acquired three basic Rollie 35 Cameras. One my original LED model, another bought second hand with a Cds meter and another LED I was given for spares to fix mine with. When I recieved it it was not working.
On holiday I dropped my LED model and it jammed up. With nothing to lose I tried to see if I could fix it. By removing the top and fron I discovered the lens shutter barrel had jammed out of line. A simple fix brought it back to working.
I decided to look at my dud spare parts donor and found exactly the same problem and fixed it. All it is missing is the original top screw for the wind on lever, that has been donated to mine as that is what was originally 'wrong' with it.
Of course none of the meters work so I decided to test them all together.
I used a very recently acquired Fomapan 100 bulk source and loaded three plastic cartridges with around a 10 shot length each.
I then took the pictures and developed all three together in my newly acquired Paterson 3 reel capacity tank using Rodinal.
So three cameras, a new film and developing tank were all checked out together.
Using Fomapan 100 which I processed in Rodinal at 25:1
100asa allows for a reasonable sharp image even with Rodinal.
Shown above are the three cameras and the three cassettes I loaded. Notice one film is back to front with the emulsion side away from the lens. This happened as I put the bulk roll of film in the dispenser the wrong way around. I left it to see what difference it made. None as far I could see. However I have left camera 3 images as scanned to emphasise the error.
the top two cameras are LED models and have both been taken apart to sort out jammed lens tubes. This meat removing the leatherette to get at the screws. My efforts with adhesive plastic sheets needs a bit more practise.
If there is any difference between the cameras it is that the shutter speed of camera 2 might be a bit slower than the other two. In terms of lens sharpness at the f setting they all look good.